Some of you may have noticed that lately, I've not been as active as usual. This is true for my artistic as well as my deviant contributions.
Life has been quite hectic in the last months, even if nothing bad or special has happen. It's mostly because works have been keeping me busy and busy and busy again…. And I don't expect a change in a near future. With family and friends also wanting their share of my time, this has left me with only sparse tiny bits of time to draw and a major art block. It also put me in front of a dilemma: what to do with the little time I have. Do I spend it drawing so I can share new linearts and colored arts with you or do I spend this time answering those sweet nice notes and comments you generously send to me?
The many uncredited colorings of my linearts and numerous copyright infringements on my art made me sad and also left me with some questioning. They keep happening more and more often. I'm now torn apart between continuing sharing my art freely so anyone can enjoy them and protecting my work with watermark to minimize its illegal use… I have also noticed that some people think that they owned the copyright on my art when they commissioned it, which, obviously, is not the case. Commissioning a drawing only mean that it will represent something special you wanted. But it gives you absolutely no right on the use or diffusion of this drawing. For example, it doesn't give you the right to sell it as a digital stamp. Please remember that I allow ABSOLUTELY NO COMMECIAL USE
of my art. Please respect my hard work, give credits and follow my rules.
Anyway, as I said, all of this putted me in front of hard choices to make. After thinking probably way too much, I've decided to go with some heartbreaking compromises…
So for now on:
- I'll try to keep answering all comments and notes but not on a daily basis. So please don't worry, don't be sad and don't be mad if there is a delay between your comments and my answer. I will try to answer them at least once a week.
- I won't be submitting as much deviations as I used too. But I'll still try to submit a new drawing at least twice a month.
- I won't be taking commissioned work for now on, at least until further notice. Of course, I'll still do the 10 commissions that already are on my 2do list. But commissions will be completely closed after that.
- I'll still give special request linearts as prizes for %CutiePieWonderland
coloring contests from time to time.
- All my colored work will now include a watermak.
- Some of my new linearts might also bear a watermark, meaning that those will not be available for colorists.
- All my linearts that already are available to colorists will stay that way.
I'm still not completely comfortable with some of these choices... Some of you are dear friends, some of you I even considered like my virtual family. All of you have been so amazing and supporting of my work. I love sharing the fun of art with you and see how beautiful my linearts look in your creative coloring hands. Your comments have allowed me to become a better artist day after day. So I must take this opportunity to thank you and thank you again for that. There are no words to describe how you make deviantART such a nice and happy place to be.
I'll be missing our daily interactions.
I sure hope you'll understand and still continue to encourage me in the many ways you already do.
Because you are the best! LATEST NEWS
Cutie Pies now have their own Facebook page!
Follow me on Facebook!
Enter the 2012 Halloween coloring contest
in %CutiePieWonderland cutiepiewonderland.deviantart.…
Join the Dragonne's Den on YouTube to see coloring tutorials:
FEATURES - Take a look at these super cute deviations
-end of transmission-